Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A Note from the Director

Tiger Pause turns 25 years old this month! Time is but a vapor in the scope of eternity. However, to give some perspective, I’m asking previous board members to share memories and highlights of our last 25 years.  So keep an eye out for those.

For myself, 25 years ago I turned 13 years old. I was the new kid in town and spent most of my days in the basement secretly watching MTV videos which, by today’s standards, would be rated G. Of course, being in a new school, some guys thought it was their job to test me. I hadn’t been there a month before I got kicked out for fighting and biting off a chunk of another young man’s shoulder. My dad made me pull out stumps with a pick ax for three days.

Unfortunately, there was no Tiger Pause where I lived. Yet, God knew where I was going. So today, 25 years later, I am in a place where I meet young Matt Nances every day. With them, I go one step further than my dad by not only sharing the value of hard work by busting concrete and the like, but also by sharing God’s word and the value of godly character. Now, the boys and I don’t get it right all the time, but at least we have a place to pause, think about what Christ would do, and then get back to climbing the mountains of life.

Semper Fi,

Matt Nance

No comments:

Post a Comment