Friday, August 21, 2015

A View from The Corner


Recently, when reading the parable of the talents in Matthew 25, I wondered if the sowers ever got discouraged as they put their talents to work for their master. Did they ever wonder if the daily grind of their efforts would produce what their master intended? Sometimes when I hear the stories of all the exciting things happening at our various programs—how children are being saved at a recent Bible study or how young men and women are being mentored in life and work skills—I wonder if my “talents” will produce what God intended. When I sit at my desk with mounds of paperwork taunting me, I can get discouraged, not truly feeling a part of the ministry work being done. Fortunately, God is faithful with timely reminders that He is at work in and through our faithfulness to put our talents to work. My reminder came during the Summer Camp Concert.
As I watched and listened to these young lives proclaim God’s goodness and love, I was encouraged. While I may not have been a camp counselor with a direct voice into their lives, I rejoiced in the opportunity to facilitate those who did. I may not have been given the talent of working with children, but I can put the administrative talents God has given me to support those who do. In Jesus’s parable of the talents in Matthew 25, the master expected a return on what each was given. For each servant who was faithful to put their talents to work for their master, he praised and rewarded them in accordance with what they were given. He did not hold them to account for others’ talents, only their own.
As I watched the children sing, I got an overwhelming sense of how much God values each one of them and I felt honored to be a small part of their lives, even if it is in the background. As a donor, please don’t ever devalue your contribution to Tiger Pause and the work God is doing through your prayers and support. I am reminded of Paul’s words to the Galatians: “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” (Gal. 6:9)
We thank you for your faithfulness from your “corner” in support of the work God is doing in the lives of the children at Tiger Pause. The truth of God’s love and redemption is being sown into their lives through the faithfulness of all of us putting our talents to work!
Blessings,

Kelly Hammerle
Office Manager

No comments:

Post a Comment