Thursday, February 13, 2014

Praise God from Whom All Blessings Flow!

At the beginning of the school year, I spoke with our director, Mr. Matt Nance, about how many children we would be able to serve during the 2013-14 school year. Because of limited staff and volunteers from Geneva College, we agreed that 12 students would be a good number. We were all set, right? On September 17 at 3:35 p.m., I pulled up to the front of the Morado Community Center. As I patiently waited, I reflected on the previous school year and remembered the “cast of characters” the Lord blessed me with. I was anxious, happy, and anticipating the greeting I would receive from the children.


At 3:45 p.m., the bus unloaded and the students came running across the grassy lawn, laughing, chasing each other, and anything else elementary students do after a long school day. Then, they spotted me! Wow! I cannot describe the feelings we felt as we hugged and said hello. I had missed them and they missed me! And, there were more than 12. There were 19, to be exact. But, there was no way I was going to turn any of them away.


Think about Matthew 9:37-38: “Then saith Jesus unto His disciples, ‘The harvest is truly plenteous, but the labourers are few; pray ye therefore the Lord will send fourth laborers into His harvest’.” Although the staff may be few in number, we trust God. He is a great provider and HE has never come up short. God is supplying our needs, He is energizing our Spirit, and He is blessing our children and their families. We will continue to be that light on top of College Hill, letting our light shine in the community of Morado Dwellings!


Mrs. Sabrina Tench
Morado Center Supervisor

No comments:

Post a Comment