- Our After-school Programs were named the 2014 recipient of the PSEA’s Books, Toys, & More program. Several children attended the event with Mr. Matt and Miss Erica where they received an abundance of books and toys for our programs.
- Partnered with C.S.A. to expand our community garden ministry
- Removed yet another blighted property from the Beaver Falls community
- Felt the love of Christmas at another successful B.E. Taylor Concert
- Vision cast for a remodel of our fourth main street property
- Hosted a Chili Cook-off with the man who brought baseball back to Pittsburgh – Clint Hurdle
With these experiences, it seemed like we went from one mountain top to the next. Not to sound cliché, but it’s the valleys that we navigate in between our mountain top experiences that truly define us. Fortunately, with the staff and volunteers we have, even our valleys have seemed more like racing and winning the Tour de France – hard work by a dedicated team and taking home the prize.
As the Bible reads, “From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work” (Ephesians 4:16). What a blessing it is to watch God’s word take form in the natural and it is your youth who are doing it! They are yours because you have been there all along, supporting, praying, and even sometimes participating with them. It is amazing what God has allowed us to accomplish through Christ in places that nobody wanted with youth whom some have written off.
In last month’s newsletter, I wrote about the free gift of salvation and at Tiger Pause, we reiterate every day that God’s grace is free but we work for everything else. That’s why the youth in our programs earned a total of $117,940 by going out and learning to work with their hands, eat their own “bread”, and to enjoy it by living a quiet life. That’s how we make a difference.
Our goal at Tiger Pause is very simple and was given to us by one of our original founders, Roy McDonald: Stay focused on kids and minister by word and deed. Following is an overview of this past year’s accomplishments. While we may not experience the roar of a packed ball park with 50,000+ screaming fans, for us, every small step forward with our kids and community seems like we are raising the Jolly Roger!